THE PAST & THE FUTURE
Gelsomino has a colourful past; designed and built in 1927 by the Italian architect Rodolfo Petracco it was originally a guest-house for Italian officials. It was built through an initiative of the government and the community, in an area between the sea and the gardens surrounding the Catholic Church and schools. In a rectangular plan, covering three floors, it rises on a base of polychromatic artificial stone. The main entrance leading to the ground floor is located on Akti Miaouli Street. The rear of the building, which has access to the beach, consists of a large veranda that is canopied by a pergola resting on the original pillars.